Wednesday 9 November 2011

Kodak Instamatic 33

I challenge anyone growing up in the 70's like me not to recognise the Kodak Instamatic. Surely every house had one of these compact, easy to use cute-looking era-defining cameras. The Kodak Instamatic 33 was one of the very first cameras I ever owned, and I remember it and it's black plastic case strung around my neck on just about every family holiday we ever took.
I picked up a '33 recently at the Lancaster Antiques Centre for (get this) 10p!! and I put the 126 cartridge that was still inside it through the processors at Farnells Lab recently. the plastic cartridge casing must certainly have helped protect the film inside because I got the contact prints back yesterday and we have a result! Some jolly little back garden snaps of a pet poodle among the patio flowers, and all with that lovely 1970's de-saturised look and some nice camera leak effects (okay I'm a geek!).


No comments:

Post a Comment