Wednesday 2 November 2011

Canon AE-1 Program

Yesterday as I sat down at my work desk, I found this lovely Canon AE-1 Program 35mm SLR camera with a cryptic note asking "any good?"
The camera turned out to be a gift from a colleague who knows about this project and thought I might find it useful. Isn't that nice?!

The Canon AE-1 Program was introduced in 1981five years on from the Canon AE-1. The major difference being the introduction of the Program AE mode which sets both the shutter speed and aperture automatically.

I'm not quite so sure however that my generous colleague knew she had left partially used film in the camera! We'll have to see what turns up on that roll!

The AE-1 Program has a delightfully retro looking manual which makes me think that the camera may be from 1981 but the manual must surely be a 1970's design classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment