Wednesday 30 July 2014

Kodak Brownie 'Cresta' update

I just got back the processed film negatives from the 1955 Kodak Brownie 'Cresta' camera that I picked up recently for a couple of quid.
Film from cameras of this age, do not usually come out too well, and when the labs rang me after processing, I initially thought it would be to say 'sorry, but there's nothing on it' as is so often the case. Surprisingly, on this occasion they called to say 'Hey, it looks like you've got some pretty reasonable negs here!' and they were right. On first inspection, they would appear to be fairly consistent with the age of the camera itself, probably taken in the late 50's, maybe someone who knows cars (looks like a rather lovely late 50's Citroen DS to me) and ladies fashions better than me can help out? Family snapshots taken on a European (Mediterranean) holiday I'd say, anyone like to hazard a guess where?











No comments:

Post a Comment